Can you tell what this is a picture of?
Sometimes the culture really gets to you over here and usually it's because a certain day is piled high with things that go wrong!
This picture is the end result of Mark's stressful day!
It had been a long day for Mark. He has had to take care of his pregnant wife on top of all of his other jobs. We decided to order McDonald's (they deliver here- on mopeds- have yet to get a picture of this). Usually they are very fast, but this particular night they were not! When it finally came, the delivery guy said that he had forgotten two of our hamburgers and would be back in 10 minutes with them. Ten minutes in Turkey could mean an hour, but luckily it only meant 30 min this particular night! Mark had ordered a Mega Mac (which is 4 pieces of meat), but when he looked in the box, it was just a plain Big Mac. Mark called the customer service number hoping someone would speak English, but alas we are in Turkey and it was all in Turkish! Frustrated, Mark roughly hung up the phone. He claims that he did not slam it down, but when he hung up the phone shattered into a hundred pieces! I hid my laughter! Mark went for a walk and later came back with a new phone! The good news is that I knew enough Turkish to explain to the delivery guy when he came back that we had gotten a Big Mac. The delivery guy came back with a Mega Mac and a free coke.
Now you might all be grossed out that we are eating McDonalds. I have to say that I have eaten McD's more times over here than I did all of last year in the U.S. It is pure comfort food for us. It is one of the few things that tastes exactly the same as in the U.S! Someone should open a Chick-fil-A here!
:) Love it!! Comfort food is important....and it is very necessary that it is comforting and not frustrating!!! Love ya'll
ReplyDeleteI understand both the frustration and the comfort food. :) Experienced some of the same feelings/thoughts in my short time in India. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes...it's comfort food. In Kenya, I once ate a quarter pounder with cheese brought to me from Dubai and a Chic-Fil-A sandwich from South Africa. and, no, I didn't even ask when they had been purchased. And, I took photos of the food.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you very often....
Genny & Mark
ReplyDeleteDo we have new babies yet? if so, what are their names and all the other pertinent information? We've heard nothing in MS. Love you, Phillis