One of my favorite things over here is the fruit. It is so good and cheap, cheap, cheap! At the pazar ( a covered market) every week, I can get a kilo ( that is 2.2 lbs) for around $3.

The plums taste just like the plums that I used to eat from my Aunt Leoma's tree when I was a child. They are about $1 a kilo.

Blackberries and Strawberries. I have been making jam with these.
We can get cheap cherries too! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! And way to go on making jam! Wish I could be that motivated!! :)
ReplyDeleteYUM!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'll just call you Betty! Would love to taste your jam!
ReplyDeleteYou will always be Genny no matter where you are!! I wish I could make jam with you and look at your flowers :( Skype soon. 2morrow I hope!! Love u SOOOOOOO much. Gina
ReplyDeleteOh how I miss the peaches we had in Izmir in August... best EVER!! I miss the fresh fruit and yummy yogurt in Turkey... can't wait to get back there!
ReplyDelete