The hospital rooms are elegant with a flat screen T.V! The doctors speak pretty good English and have been really nice. At least I am seeing where I will deliver the twins. Well three weeks over here and I am at the hospital! :) Crazy!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life)
Well I have been sitting in the hospital for the past 6 hours humming Pam Tillis's lyrics "Welcome to my crazy life".......... because that is what it has felt like. About 10 am this morning I started having excruciating pain in my abdomen. It personally felt like I had eaten something bad and that is was just a bad case of gas! I am beginning to wonder if I have problems with milk. Anyway, I talked to our company's nurse who told me that I needed to go to the doctor since I was pregnant just to be on the safe side. In Turkey, one doesn't go to the doctor she goes to the hospital b/c that is where all the doctor's offices are located (except plastic surgery I saw a sign for that one!) I had a sonogram first to make sure the babies are fine which they are and Mark and I found out that at least one is a boy! The other one wouldn't cooperate. Then I was wheeled upstairs to an ultrasound technician to find out that I have an enlarged appendix. I am now waiting for them to do an MRI b/c they don't want to do surgery (I agree). I don't have a fever or anymore pain. I feel great now! Say a prayer for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thinking of you guys... Excited to hear of a baby boy, can't wait to hear about the other twin!! Miss yall.
ReplyDeleteOh MY! Well---yay for a nice hospital and for having one boy! Not good for the other :( I hope you are better soon, friend. Love you.
ReplyDeleteWe have lots of boy stuff! I am so glad you are feeling better. Look forward to more updates.
ReplyDeleteKelly and David
Oh Mark and Genny so excited to hear about a little boy!! Sorry you have to find out this way though. Praying that everything is resolved soon and for a healthy body to carry those precious babies. YEA for a baby boy!!!!
ReplyDeleteGenny we are praying for you and Mark. I know this is NOT what you had in mind. I pray that you will not be in pain and the doctors will know exactly what to do. A boy is very exciting and I can only imagine that you really want to find out what the other baby is though! Love you guys!
ReplyDeletePatrick, Keri & Kayley
Yay for a boy!! But BOOOO for a hospital stay!
ReplyDeleteHad fun catching up on your blog!
Hey, I did not know about this until after I made another comment on FB to you and Jad. So excited about a boy and so happy you are feeling better. Also, happy you are in the hospital while they check you out. This visit will give you peace about being there later- at delivery.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you and the twins are okay! Yay, Boy! I love mine!
ReplyDeleteNothing like your first visit to the hospital in a foreign country...yours sounds a little nicer than the first one I went to in kenya...good times.
we're praying for you all!
My goodness, what an adventure! Hope you are feeling better now. And thanks for getting that song stuck in my head too! :)
ReplyDelete