TRAVEL TIME- Thanks everyone for your prayers. God truly gave me a supernatural peace on the airplane while we flew. Of course I got in a long prayer time for everyone. God and I were really close during this time. :)
God really blessed us by allowing us to see our newborn niece, Maggie Anne, an hour after she was born and 10 minutes before we had to be at the airport. Thank goodness the hospital and the airport are very close!
We checked 14 pieces of luggage and then had 3 carry-ons, three "computer bags", and a stroller. On our first flight from Jackson to Ft. Worth, a precious lady handed me a Bible verse on a card. After that I watched for God's "angels" during our flight time. It was amazing to see how God always placed one next to me on every flight. He is such a good God.
Our longest flight was from Ft. Worth to London which took 9 hours and only by God's grace did I endure. While on the flight, I cut my arm on the sliding door of the WC. I asked the flight attendant for the for a band-aid and some alcohol because I was bleeding. Before I knew it, one of the flight attendants had handed me two small bottles of Smirnoff vodka! Ha Ha!
Our last flight was 3 1/2 hours and we arrived at our final destination exhausted! Thank goodness for oversea friends who met us at the airport, transported us to our new apartment, and had a meal cooked for us! We felt so blessed! I will show pictures of our apartment later.
DIFFERENCES AND SLIGHT ANNOYANCES (part 1- there's a lot of differences)
I have no dryer or dish washer (except Mark- he's great at washing dishes, but not so good at drying clothes). These are considered luxuries here. They cost triple the price in the States! It is really a pain to try and dry clothes by draping them over my radiator or trying to line dry them in my house during rainy, cold weather.
Here is a picture of the dial on my washing machine. Let's just say, "It's complicated!" I was thankful for the sharpie marker translations.
Below is the microwave buttons.???????????????

Now below I saved the best for last! The oven dials! Notice there are no words that say bake, broil, etc. only pictures of fans on lines? Also did you notice that everything is in Celsius?
More later......
Oh Genny! This is funny! So glad you are a math teacher and can do those conversions:-) Thankful for God's grace during your flights! Praying for your transition. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are there. So excited to hear about your new life. Love you, friend. Thankful for they flying testimony...Praying...
ReplyDeleteI finally read this!! It's much more fun to see you in person! But I forgot you had a new address even though I look at it EVERY day on my fridge! I deleted my old blog have you been reading the new one? Skype dates need to be on the calendar! Love you all. Gina Josh is worried about Mark's hands. Is he using Ivory Dish detergent?
ReplyDelete